Friday, October 8, 2010

Another thursday =)

Thursday I accompanied my cousin to another casting shoot which did not take as long as last Saturday AAAND I got to ogle at the Keanu Reeves look alike who I’m pretty sure was younger than me (or maybe not, I somehow feel like everyone is younger than me these days).

Anyways, afterwards we went to SM Megamall in Ortigas. This mall was special becaaaauuse it housed FOREVER 21!! I’m such a big fan of that store. The minute we walked in I suffered from heart palpitations after seeing the vast variety of clothes, shoes, accessories in different colors! At first I had to practice some form of self control to avoid shoveling all everything I liked into a provided shopping bag but towards the end of it (after two hours) I was suffering from over exposure to too many beautiful things. Being the indecisive individual that I am, all the choices I was given (clothes, shoes etc) led me to mental and physical exhaustion.


My cousin and I both were famished and wandered

through to the Atrium to eat at Chef’s Quarters. To my surprise, they had a fairly decent Seared Tuna Tataki with Garlic ponzu which we had for appetizers. For entrée I had a Cream Dory with angel hair pasta. It was sooo good. The cream was not too heavy and tasted fairly light while

the Dory, wrapped around chopped mushrooms and topped with alfalfa sprouts, was cooked perfectly –not over done or undercooked. We stopped by Red Mango for their green tea frozen yogurt (I topped with almond slices) which I thought was better than The Coffee Bean’s maybe because it tasted more like frozen yogurt.


I know I have been overindulging lately, especially

with the poverty that I am surrounded with. There are times during the day when I am struck with guilt or even shame that I am able to spend ten times what the beggars on the street are making. While I know I owe it to myself (yes, I’m more honest than humble), I can’t help but feel sad when I see people, especially children wandering the busy streets at night looking to sell flowers/cloths/cigarettes. At the time I will try and rationalize my stoic nature that they are probably working for someone and will not even get the money I give them. But at the end of the day I am left to wonder, who is really looking after them?

It’s really a sad thought. But what can I really do now? Will giving one or several children money be a solution? Who really has the power to change this society? And why isn’t anyone doing anything about it? ---Can anyone really do anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment