Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Divisoria

So I haven’t written in a while and there is a reason for it. I had to give my food spending a break. Although that doesn’t mean that mind has not been racing with thoughts about blog topics! This past week I’ve been staying in, thankfully to my cousin (no sarcasm intended).


During the first day (Tuesday), I went to Divisoria (a plethora of market sales- by market I mean like stalls and stalls and stalls of things like bags, shoes, anything really). I went to buy decorations for my parents wedding anniversary. It was such a gloomy day that started off a bit later than I initially expected and it was raining. I was exhausted after walking through the inside of two three level malls and then throughout the street where I walked in dirty muddy puddles, into sweaty dirty people and inches away from moving vehicles with a tantamount of smog. I initially wanted to hunt down a decent restaurant but after five hours of that madness I settled with a Jollibee yum burger which I think is half the size of any burger in America and some of their Filipino Spaghetti. It was yummy and I was tired. I went home and scrubbed hard with soap and then with alcohol.


Wednesday, I didn’t really do anything all day but download episodes of Glee and Cougartown that I missed AND I also finished reading Eat, Pray, Love. Which the end really wasn’t quite as powerful as the beginning. All of this while spending some quality time with my Lola and Titas.


By Thursday, I was already quite … bored. After staying with my Lola all afternoon and watching her soap operas (or teleseries) I decided to venture outside the house and walk about the village. It was a surprisingly breezy day but it was still quite warm in the sun. By the time I got to the entrance of the village I was so sweaty I felt embarrassed to be in public. I was supposed to buy ice cream and bread for my Tita but in my embarrassment I bought the first things I saw, vegetarian chicharon, peanuts and cooked corn from a street vendor (I felt like such a nut asking him to double bag the three cobs I bought, it took about five minutes for him to understand). It was also getting dark out so I hurriedly walked back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment