Wednesday, September 29, 2010

AM in Manila

So I woke up this morning and felt completely at home. Even driving from the airport to my cousin’s place I felt quite familiar with my surroundings. Today my cousin and I brought her son to his Montessori preschool where we sat and observed for a good half hour. While doing this observing the super cute little Filipino babies (4 year olds), I realized that I want one! Hahaha.

Anyways, afterwards we had lunch at Izakaya Kikufuji. It was so cool since we sat on the floor like in traditional Japan. I ordered, on request since they didn’t have it on their menu, a tuna tataki and gindara (a fish close to sea bass). The Tataki was a bit of a disappointment because instead of being pan-seared it was fully cooked well the outside was or maybe the fish was just a bit drier than usual? I’m not sure I just know that I wasn’t impressed. But then the Gindara came and I was in LOVE. It was so freaking amazing. Grilled fish with this sweet-esque soy sauce/BBQ sauce. We also had Katsuni (porkchop with egg) also quite yummy. After we went to the Coffee Bean in Greenbelt and I tried their Matcha Green Tea frozen yogurt… SO GOOD! Then I spent the rest of my money on self-indulgent treats such as assorted types of macarons from Bizu and cupcakes from Sonja’s at the Fort! The macarons were soo yummy, nice and crisp on the outside and chewy in the inside! Cupcakes from Sonja were also nice but the icing was a tad bit too sweet. Looks pretty though!

No comments:

Post a Comment