Monday, May 24, 2010

Beauty

Beauty is such a crazy word. It encompasses and can refer to so much. Used as a form of measurement it evokes so much emotions. The other day at work, I began reading Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. The beauty of how the author can depict a life story is so profound. I found myself taking breaks every time it got too intense so as to avoid the streams of tears.

Today I woke up feeling amazing (no hangover!). Despite the gray clouds looming overhead, I saw and appreciated everything. I had the sudden appreciation for my beautiful, smart and individually talented friends who put up with my innocent blissful random strangeness.

Anyways, I went to a church choir (no I don't sing, my entire family does though!) party at a nice upscale hall in Suter Brooke. It had three flat screen TVs, a swimming pool, a billiards table, fooze ball, poker table, a dozen cozy arm chairs and a wall jack for your IPod to be streamed throughout the room! There, I had so much yummy ethnic food & dessert!

And then five hours later at Sui Sha Ya had some salmon sashimi!! I felt like it had been months since I've last had sashimi when really it's only been a couple days ... I know it's a problem. My mom ordered the motoyaki (?) I've never been a huge fan of oysters though.

I feel like this blog is just a blob of everything, not nicely cohered together unfortunately my writing skills are slowly deteriorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment